We are always looking for thoughtful and dedicated people with an interest in our work.
Onward is looking to hire a Program Architect who will be responsible for serving as a chief programmatic resource for the organization, designing and delivering high-quality trainings, coaching, and support to partners. In this role, you will have the opportunity to apply your design, leadership development and adult learning knowledge and skills to create the world we want to live in. You will work with organizations engaged in the challenging but incredibly rewarding process of creating inclusive spaces and equitable systems for their staff to thrive and to improve the world around them. You will facilitate peoples’ willingness to be vulnerable and open to confronting their biases through self-reflection in order to achieve individual and collective growth.
Onward designs and delivers innovative learning experiences that build personal and organizational capacity for change. We embolden individuals and communities to dismantle systems of oppression, to be the change, and to build an equitable world. We are a catalyst for change through our consulting and research arms. Onward's professional consulting services include organizational strategy, executive coaching programs, learning opportunities, assessments, and tools to support partners in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. We operate an R&D lab, using human-centered design approaches to apply learnings from different sectors, design experiences, build exhibits, and create innovative tools, all aimed at dismantling systems of oppression.
The Program Architect will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will work closely with all staff to implement programming that meets both Onward’s and our partners’ performance standards. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to help shape a cutting-edge organization and make a significant impact in the areas of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Design and Delivery: Design, facilitate and implement tailored programming and experiences for clients and partners; Develop and conduct assessments that will provide actionable data to the organization.
- Leadership Development: Conduct client visits to observe and coach clients and support on-the-job leadership experiences related to DEI; Collaboratively set performance goals with partners and provide methods by which to monitor progress; Oversee development follow-up process.
- Professional Learning and Program Improvement: Attend all staff training sessions, which may include week-long training sessions and ongoing monthly trainings; Support the organization's Chief Executive Officer with the evaluation of effective practices through the design of feedback loops to inform ongoing organization design and improvement.
- Other Activities: Support the overall goals of the organization as an active and engaged team member, communicating regularly with colleagues responsible for the other components of the program continuum to ensure alignment; Actively support program team events (recruitment, fundraisers, etc.); Develop and submit (in a timely manner) weekly schedules, monthly reports, etc. that detail any/all plans, coaching actions, next steps, and follow-up of support for partners.
- Demonstrated understanding of adult leadership development and ability to deliver high-quality professional development design, planning, execution and evaluation;
- Demonstrated strong personal leadership capability, including facilitating adult leaders, interpersonal relations, relationship building and management, and coaching, including building trust among adults and giving candid feedback to adults including engaging in difficult conversations;
- Strong content knowledge (including evidence of proven strategies) in personal leadership and organizational leadership.
- Innovator, prefer to think outside the box, with an ability to drive change in the area of DEI and leadership; and
- Self-starter/self-manager and able to initiate work, generate content, and meet deadlines with minimum guidance and supervision.
We invite candidates from all backgrounds and sectors to apply for this opportunity. Successful candidates will value feedback, seek to learn and improve, and enjoy working with a wide variety of demographic and cultural characteristics.
Location & Travel
This role is based in your home office anywhere in the United States convenient to a major airport. When public health conditions allow, this role will require some travel.
Send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Social Media Producer
Onward is looking for a part-time Social Media Producer. We welcome activists and organizers who are passionate about building a more equitable world by tackling issues related to social justice. You might also identify as an artist, designer, writer, with interests in public relations, grassroots organizing, media and communications, or advocacy work. Current students are welcome to apply.
You're looking for:
- An opportunity to lead and design equity-centered marketing campaigns alongside a diverse team of creatives, designers, organizers, and educators.
- A paid part-time (10-15 hours/week) role with availability to work up to five hours during business hours (eastern time zone).
- A role to fill for 3-months with potential to extend.
Onward is looking for:
- An activist with deep ties in or working with diverse communities that aims to center voices who are traditionally underrepresented or ignored; and
- A teammate with a creative conceptual outlook and ability to produce original ideas.
Onward designs and delivers innovative learning experiences that build personal and organizational capacity for change. For questions, please contact Marielle at firstname.lastname@example.org.